Landing Permission & Procedures
In order to obtain landing permission for Ras Al Khaimah International Airport operators must send a Landing Permission Request through SITA, mail or fax to the Duty Officer in with the following details:
- Name of Operator
- Nationality of Operator
- Type of Aircraft
- Registration Number of Aircraft
- Call Sign
- Crew Details
- Schedule of Flight (date, scheduled time and estimated time of arrival and departure or any aircraft landing for long term parking must be described in request in order to check bay availability)
- Purpose of Flight
- Receiving Party
- Confirmation the aircraft is equipped with TCAS and ACAS
- Confirmation the aircraft is ban free for UAE and RAK Airport
- Indicate whether flight will carry any arms, military cargo, photo equipment, etc
- Mode of Payment
The Landing Permission Request must fulfill above requirements.
The Duty Officer will forward Landing Permission Request to RAK DCA for approval. On approval, the Duty Officer will generate a Landing Permit Number and forwarded this to the operator.
Minimum Insurance Requirements in the UAE
There is a minimum regulatory insurance requirement covering liability of air carriers & aircraft operators in respect of passengers, baggage, cargo and third parties. This requirement applies to all civil registered aircraft, air carriers, and aircraft operators operating to/from or overflying in the territory of UAE.
Detailed information in terms of legal references, applicability, definitions, implementation plan, general requirements, principles of insurance, compliance in respect of third party liabilities, compliance in respect of liability for passengers, baggage and cargo, enforcement and sanctions are published and available in GCAA website www.gcaa.ae under Information Bulletin 06/2010 issued on January 21, 2010.
Duty Officer Contact Details:
- Mobile: +971-50-4329722
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SITA: RKTAPXH
- AFTN: OMRKYMYX (met)
- OMRKYFYX (communication)
- OMRKZTZX (control tower)
- OMRKYAYX (civil aviation)